Mittwoch, 4. April 2012

Working on the first scene of #SevenAndUp in #c4d

I've finally gotten around to more or less finalize the first shot of the film. It is quite long with 500 frames and moved everything over to Vray and Xrefs. Things to note:
  • Scene Scale: I didn't think it a big issue when I started, but I've realized that this is something that I should have payed way more attention to. The exact sizes should be adhered to. The "Scale Document" function has proved invaluable in this regard. Unfortunately, the animation doesn't scale and has to be adjusted manually.
  • Adjusting animation scale. I've found a way to scale it manually in the fcurve window
    • Select the Object Mode to scale - only the object axes are scaled then. I couldn't find a numerical solution to that yet.
    • Pull the top dotted line (indicating the highest value) to the new maximum
  •  Lo-Res Textures for pre-final stage - although I've used generic textures where possible, the size (200MB) slowed down the test renders considerably. I've created rasterized and much smaller versions, which resulted in a speedup of more than 20 seconds for a test render.
  • Lighting is part of the xrefed model - I am not sure that this is a great idea, but works for now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen