Sonntag, 8. April 2012

First scene testrender finished in #vray #c4d

I've managed to finish a test render of the opening shot, which is over 20 seconds long - and I'm quite happy that this time it rendered through without any technical difficulties. The technical problems were mainly caused by Apple by switching to a new proprietary implementation of SMB, which basically resulted in a LOT of issues reading files from my server. Here, some general notes on the progress here:
  • Switching to NFS pretty much doubled the speed of the network. There were some problems with permissions, but it's looking good now. Unfortunately, I also need a SMB server on my Lion machine, which Apple changed, ie broke in this release, so I'm looking at alternatives (SMBup looks good). I've spent approx 4-5 hours on the Linux updates alone. Ubuntu is easy to set up, though.
  • Xref When I worked on the textures for the main character, I noticed that C4d doesn't update textures of references every time. I am not quite sure why.
  • The physical camera tag is pretty much unusable for rendering animations. As I am working to scale, the viewport and the rendered picture differ by much more than just a couple of pixels. Maybe I should construct some kind of workaround, where the render camera with the physical camera tag is attached to a normal pinhole camera. At least then I could layout animations.
Here is the first test.


7&UP First Test Scene from Yogi Parish / www.parish.ch on Vimeo.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen